« Home | Did You Get the Memo? Hopefully Our Soldiers Haven... » | Extreme Radical Keith Olbermann Slams "Extreme Rad... » | When Fiction Becomes Prediction » | Back to Basics... » | Stanley Crouch: "Wake Up!" » | I Stopped Counting At 80 » | Nancy's First of Many... » | YouTubin' For Ganstas » | Kerry: Relegated to the Background » 

12/11/2006 

Hypocrites

When I saw this one, I was tempted to laugh until my sides hurt. But I decided to put the energy into writing this post, instead.

From the AP: "Dems to Wipe Out Pet Projects in Bills"

There will be no congressional earmarks," Rep. David Obey, D-Wis., and Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., said Monday in a statement announcing their plans, which were quickly endorsed by incoming Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and soon-to-be Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D- Nev.
As soon as I read the line above, I quickly remembered a favorite site of mine called Porkbusters.com. To be specific, I recalled their "Hall of Shame" page, which features none other than You-Know-Who as the Porkbusters recipient of their "Lifetime Achievement Award:


In his over forty-eight years (!) in the United States Senate, Senator Byrd has achieved a pork record that is second to none. From the Robert C. Byrd Expressway to the Robert C. Byrd Freeway; the Robert C. Byrd Institute to the Robert C. Byrd Federal Building (both of them), Senator Byrd has truly left his mark on West Virginia --- and the federal budget. (And let us not overlook the proposed Robert C. Byrd rooms in the U.S. Capitol.) It would be appropriate to erect some kind of monument to his century-spanning resume --- except that he already did so himself.

You know, it's sad when you see politicians play politics at the expense of hypocrisy. It's another thing entirely to see them play politics so stupidly. In fact, it's actually quite funny...once you get past the whole "pathetic" part of the story.

About me

  • I'm Brett
  • From

Blogs I Read. Some you should too, some not.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates