« Home | When Fiction Becomes Prediction » | Back to Basics... » | Stanley Crouch: "Wake Up!" » | I Stopped Counting At 80 » | Nancy's First of Many... » | YouTubin' For Ganstas » | Kerry: Relegated to the Background » 

12/07/2006 

Extreme Radical Keith Olbermann Slams "Extreme Radicals"

I knew there was a reason I never watch this guy.

Keith Olbermann is famous for "shedding light" on the "extremist right wing" of our country. Of course, somebody so blind to his hatred for the "Right" would have a very hard time seeing his own "extremism"...although it's exceedingly apparent to anyone watching. Although, that's not very many people.

On tonight's episode of Countdown With Keith Olbermann, the host decided to seek the wisdom of Jonathan Alter, senior editor of Newsweek Magazine. Alter joined Olbermann to expose the Right's "extreme" reaction to the ISG's newly-issued report on the future of Iraq.

Keith brought up the usual Rush Limbaugh bashing, Bill O'Reilly distorting, and general demonization of anyone who lies to the right of Hugo Chavez. He was obviously in shock that ANYONE would take the ISG's recommendations as anything less than The Bible. If you do, according to Keith (and Jonathan), you are "extremist", "radical", "blind", "out of touch", and so on. (Quotes are summations - not direct quotes)

In fact, I do not have the transcripts from the show at the moment, but the direct quotes would really say no more than what I mentioned above. There was also the typical snide remark about Fox News, specifically the morning show "Fox & Friends".

I could take the time to express my opinions on the reason behind Keith's Fox News bashing...but I think this (PDF) explains it a whole lot better than I could. But I could be wrong. I could be completely wrong.

If I get the initiative to research the transcript of this show, look for updates soon. If not, just take my word for it. ;-)

About me

  • I'm Brett
  • From

Blogs I Read. Some you should too, some not.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates